grade2424

هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

منتدى الصف الثاني الإعدادي 4

King Grisly-Beard-3

Assassin-Master

المساهمات : 154
    تاريخ التسجيل : 24/03/2009

King Grisly-Beard-3 Empty King Grisly-Beard-3

مُساهمة  Assassin-Master الخميس أبريل 09, 2009 2:24 pm

So she sat down and tried to spin; but the threads cut her tender fingers until the blood ran.
    'See now,' said the fiddler, 'you are good for nothing; you can do no work. What a bargain I have got! However, I'll try and set up a trade in pots and pans, and you shall stand in the market and sell them.'
    'Alas!' she sighed, 'if any of my father's court should pass by and see me standing in the market, how they will laugh at me!'
    But her husband did not care about that, and said she would have to work if she did not want to die of hunger.
    At first the trade went well because many people, seeing such a beautiful woman, went to buy her wares and paid their money without even thinking of taking away the goods. They lived on this as long as it lasted and then her husband bought a fresh lot of pots and pans, and she sat herself down with it in the corner of the market.
    However, soon a drunken soldier soon came by and rode his horse against her stall and broke all her goods into a thousand pieces.
    She began to cry, and did not know what to do. 'Ah! what will become of me?' she said; 'what will my husband say?' So she ran home and told him everything.
    'Who would have thought you would have been so silly,' he said, 'as to put an earthenware stall in the corner of the market, where everybody passes? But let us have no more crying; I see you are not fit for this sort of work, so I have been to the king's palace, and asked if they did not want a kitchen-maid; and they say they will take you, and there you will have plenty to eat.'
    So the princess became a kitchen-maid and helped the cook to do all the dirtiest work. She was allowed to carry home some of the meat that was left over, and they lived on that.
    She had not been there long before she heard that the king's eldest son was passing by, on his way to get married. She went to one of the windows and looked out. Everything was ready and all the pomp and brightness of the court was there. Seeing it, she grieved bitterly for the pride and folly that had brought her so low. The servants gave her some of the rich meats and she put them into her basket to take home.

الوقت/التاريخ الآن هو الجمعة أبريل 19, 2024 1:14 am